Sustain The LAVA Center so we can work together to sustain the arts, the humanities, artists, and audiences!
2023 has been a turnaround year for LAVA. Thanks to your support—whether you donated, came in, told your people about us—we’ve pulled out and away from the Covid lean years to:
- Workshop and develop 6 new plays by local playwrights;
- Host readings of 4 additional new plays and 4 classics;
- Showcase the talents of 4 filmmakers sharing and discussing their work;
- Feature the work of over 25 regional filmmakers at our 3rd Annual LAVA Film Festival;
- Exhibit the work of 40+ artists, ages 5 to 85 on our long gallery wall;
- Host 35 writers reading and discussing their work and in special events such as book launches and Martín Espada’s benefit reading;
- Offer 7 Puppetry Percolator workshops;
- Showcase musical, comic, and storytelling talent in regular monthly events;
- Debut our humanities corner exhibits with 3 long-running displays;
- Launch our indiVISIBLE project documenting and celebrating the indispensable agricultural workers among us;
- Provide meeting, rehearsal, and performance space to community organizations;
- Collaborate with other arts organizations, artists, city agencies, and community groups on events and projects;
- Open the LAVA Café—a self-serve, donation-based coffee and tea station.
And 2023 is not over! Coming up:
- Climate Change Theatre Action play readings
- Saturday Holiday Salon pop-up marketplace
- Poetry Crawl, a collaboration with several other venues
- Online Poets & Writers Café, Book Club, and Playwrights Circle sessions
All of this is possible because you came to events, you brought your friends, you bought tickets, you made donations, you engaged with us on social media, you participated. You put the “community” in community arts venue!
It all adds up to a hearty thanks, especially to everyone who donated last year. For the first time, we achieved financial equilibrium! And we want to continue to grow. As we do more, we need more infrastructure, more staffing; and to support that, we need your help.
Thank you to our sustaining donors.
And thank you to folks who donated single donations last year. We’d like to encourage you to sign up as a sustaining donor this year!
Why are we encouraging a sustaining donation? Sustaining donations are a source of reliable financial support—and, they are processed automatically through our secure platform, allowing us to spend less time on paperwork and more time focusing on building our venue and our community!
You can choose a pre-selected recurring donation level, or enter in an amount of your own, and you can cancel your recurring donation at any time!
Thank you for considering becoming a sustaining donor to LAVA. We look forward to seeing you again in our space soon. We appreciate you, however you can support us!
We have a matching pledge this year of $5,000. Any sustaining pledge you make between now and the end of the year will, in effect, be doubled!
The LAVA Team